Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Events of the day

Stan Here:

No day is without some events and today was no exception. I could kind of tell this morning when I called that Deb's voice was weaker. After a local business appointment I went to see her and became quite concerned. Intense pain to the point of tears were happening. I was not sure what to do so I called Karen. She just seems to know how to enlist help and do the right thing. She soon had the right people called and as the afternoon progressed things improved to the point that tonite Deb was in much better condition. She was able to enjoy a visit from some nursing friends. I noticed that she is eating better and I think now it is possible to think about her coming home this week. At noon today I would have said we had taken a big reverse step but as the day went on things improved. For those of you that know Karen (I do not use last names for security reasons. It is called blogger protocal) she has been a huge help in this entire matter from the very start. I just am not able to decerne what is the best direction from a medical perspective and she has acted as a consultant on very many occasions. I cannot thank her enough. We needed that help today and she left her work to assist. I think you can tell that this whole thing has somewhat of a roller coaster feel to it. As much as we would like it not to be that way it just simply is. From a medical perspective it is complicated and has with it about everything you can think of. On Wednesday we have an appointment with the doctors and I will update the news very soon. Thanks for following. Hang in there Deb. By the way, we figured out how to get the Tiger games in her room and for her this might be the best medicine.

Stan

7 comments:

  1. Oh Debbie thinking of you all....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my friend,

    What a joy it was to visit with you today. You are such a beautiful person...inside and out!! I had to see for myself that you were on the road to recovery...I wasn't let down. Sure, you still have a ways to go, but seeing your smile today and listen to you tell of your "journey" brought much hope to me for your complete healing and recovery. Deb, you are so blest to have such a wonderful support system with all your many friends and family....you are indeed a very loved person.

    God bless you and may you have a restful night.

    Love, Ellen Waterway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellen
      Your visit with your friends meant a lot to Deb. Even though I had to sit in the cafe with a bunch of 98 year old ladies it was worth it. By the way some of these 98 year olds are pretty sharp. They have been observing and they were glad that you guys came and they seemed to know that her friends are the best medicin.

      Stan

      Delete
  3. Hey Stan,

    I was thinking about going and seeing Deb today if she's up to it. Post on here and let me know. I have to volunteer this a.m. but I was thinking around 3p.m. I would go se her since I live pretty close to where she's staying. Let me know if she's up to it. Let me know what room she's in so I can see her if she's up for a visitor this p.m.

    From,
    Dan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dan, I would love to see you sometime this afternoon. My room is 2140. I have a dr. appt at 1:30, and you never know how long those take, so don't come too early. See you later, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Dear Debra and Stan,
    Thanks for your updates on your busy and complicated lives. I can just picture you all at the FV shower and the run through with Stan at home. Deb I'm glad your dip was not too long, although it must have seemed longer, and that you are progressing on the positive side. Thank goodness for nurse friends and the ever wonderful Jackie! When you are ready for a visit please give me the high sign, hopefully you'll be home within the week and have some long snoozes on your couch watching the Tigers win.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey debbie! i am glad to hear your friend karen is a mover and a shaker, just what is needed in your case from time to time! thank God for friends like that! enjoy the tigers games and work hard at rehab, you'll be home in short order i bet:) i am grateful for the updates, what specifically can we pray for? Better pain control? restful sleep? for your peace of mind? well, i pray for all of that and more! love you, mary leeuw

    ReplyDelete