Sunday, April 1, 2012

Not expected

We have been trying to report the good news but lately we have had a few adventures, so allow me to update. Last night things had seemed to be stable. Ross had a concert to play less than 1/2 mile from the hospital and Deb suggested that. I go, so I did. Rumy had volunteered to stay with Deb so that I could do this. Turns out that as the night went on problems started to develope. The hint of some temperature problems that we had seen earlier in the day escalated quickly and resulted one of the harder nights in this entire health event. Before I share the details let me first thank Rumy for her care and concern and her wisdom and as she involved herself in this. Turns out that as the night went on temperature, shivers and anything else you can think of resulted in a change of rooms and a trip and stay at the criticle care unit. A unexpected infection has entered the picture and brought the need to have close monitoring of the situation. For those of us who do not work in the medical arena it is very intense to witness this. At the same time we have been assured that this is not a life threatening event. On the other hand it is true that it has everyone's attention an it is serious. Right now a team of doctors is trying to identify the source of the infection so that it can be treated. Deb is very weak and has some real pain. Visiting on this unit is not part of the picture. Mieke is with her right now. I am home trying to get a little sleep so that I can help later. I will update as things change but for now that is the news. Thanks for all your prayers and concern.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Deb,Stan & family,

    I'm not keeping up very well. Looks like you are on an intense roller coaster of bad news and good news and ups and downs.

    I think of you often, and regularly smile when I walk past my little clump of DEE DEE'S DARLINGS.
    peace,
    Dave Wass

    ReplyDelete