Monday, April 30, 2012

Marching Along

Stan Here:

Had this old Sunday school song called "Marching Along".  I cannot remember what it was all about but I do remember the tune and the title so I thought I would use it for this post because that is what I think is happening.  Now, the marching is not all that fast yet and I am not really sure what we are seeing is marching,  but non-the-less we are moving in a forward direction and still thinking and hoping for a return to home on this Wednesday.  Deb is working her way through some problems still with nasea and weakness.  This is now day 32 of this whole thing and I think for Deb and the rest of us it seems like it started in another century.  Anyway, it has been a long time and everyone is ready to for it to come to a happy conclusion.

It seems evident to me that the recovery period for this is going to go for some time yet.  Deb's Mom and Dad are going to come over for some days to help out when she first gets home.  We are all going to try to attend the graduation events we have coming up.  The medical people have warned me often to be careful of overdoing things so we are going to attempt to make the graduation events be as less exerting as possible.  So while it is true that our lawn could use mowing I think I will leave this out of the therapy demands at this time.  Actually I think she will find the place in good shape when she comes home.  I am not sure how it is all going to work but I am confident that she can make the best progress back in her home from both mental and physical consideration standpoints. 

I am thinking when she comes home the Tigers will start winning again.  They do much better when Deb cheers for them through her own TV set.  We will see.....talk to you all in a day or so.  Thanks for following!

Stan

4 comments:

  1. Praying for you, Deb. Hoping you will be coming back to home sweet home very soon! That's always the best place to heal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know that progress is being made! I pray for you every day and think of you often. I think getting back home will make you feel better! Donna Van Iwaarden

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stan and Deb,
    Looks like things are moving right along! Sure hope you get to go home this week! Can't wait to see you.
    Hugs,
    Crystal and Paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Deb,

    Know that I think of you everyday and pray for your healing. The staff at Freedom Inn do a great job and I'm sure they love your smiling face. Hope you can go home soon.

    Love,
    Sandy Buller

    ReplyDelete