Thursday, April 12, 2012

Pray for pain control

Laurie here (Aaron's mom):

Deb's IV's were discontinued last night and she is now on oral pain medication.  They do have an IV push pain med. (via a port) as a back-up if needed.  She was in quite a bit of pain today so it's going to be a little bit of trial and error to determine what is going to work best.  Physical therapy and respiratory therapy are coming in every day, which are necessary, but it really wears her out.  The plan is to move her to a rehab. facility here in Holland in the next few days (hopefully The Inn at Freedom Village). Stan will let you know when she's up for visitors, but right now it's best if she just rests.  The focus is pain control, healing and regaining her strength.  Please pray for the right meds to relieve her pain and that there will be an opening at The Inn. Thank you all for your prayers....God hears every one!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks again for your posts! So happy Deb is out of ICU and off IV pain meds. Looking forward to more great news! Your front door was wide Open today when I walked the dogs- closed it- hope that was ok! Give Deb a big kiss for me! Deb B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurie, I asked Laurie to post today for different perspective than mine. I have this thing called a job and a few close friends have helped stay with Deb. Laurie is nurse and it almost takes someone with some medical background to understand this whole thing. I called Karen Kohlruss and asked her if she could come in the morning. I also asked her if she could update the blog in the morning. Karen has helped me understand many of the medical terms and medications and perhaps and has been a huge help to us during this entire time.
      Stan

      Delete
    2. The word perhaps does not belong in that sentence. Not sure how it got there. she has been a huge help!!!

      Delete
  2. When I click on to read the daily update I hold my breath hoping to read some really good news. Sounds like you're finally on the mend, but sounds like a hard road yet to come. I pray that your recovery goes well. I'd love to come see you when you're really feeling good again. What a long 2 plus weeks for you and your family. Regain your strength and let's hope for some relief from any pain. My love and best wishes.
    Debbie S

    ReplyDelete
  3. good to hear that plans are in the works for getting out of the hospital and into a rehab.facility!! the inn would be a great place! you are strong, even tho you don't currently feel that way deb! i know you, you will work "your butt off" to get back to where you were before this surgery!! i will keep praying for good pain control and for a speedy recovery :) luv and hugs, mary leeuw

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Debbie I Pray that you find the right pain control....I think just getting out of the hospital will do you a world of good....just in time for Tulip time....treats from downtown...etc....you are on in Prayers all of the time....love ya Deb, Char and Lily

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I opened the page, and saw you smiling, I smiled, also. Stan is doing such a good job keeping us informed,and he even adds a little humor!
    You look good, and ready for rehab, I am sure. Our family will continue the prayers,and we have all enjoyed the Diary.

    Love, Kathy,and family

    ReplyDelete