Friday, April 20, 2012

Moving Forward

Stan Here:

Slowly but surely we have some progress here. I stopped up this morning to see Deb and it looked like she had a good night of sleep and she looked good.  Yesterday Deb's mom and Dad were here.  Debs mom went over to our house and helped with lots of things to help get the place ready for a return to home.  I had been trying to keep the place in order but it sure looks a lot better with her touch. Some of our neigborhood friends gave us the gift of having the house cleaned and they hired someone to come in today put a spit shine on the place.  I am sensing that there might be some people who do not totally trust my skill level in that area. When I saw the place after Deb's mom got done I think they are right.

I am thinking that the release from Freedom Inn is getting closer.  I think this is Day 23 of this whole thing and it has the rigors of hospitals and rehab can have a wearing affect.  In my judgement the lack of sleep is not helping the healing and Dr. Stan thinks that if I can find a way to get her home things will be better for her. I called a few of her friends and asked that if she does come home if they could possibly stay with her during the day for at least the first couple of days.  I am not sure when this going to happen but I can tell it is getting closer.  Plus, they do not get the Tiger games at Freedom Inn and I am also thinking that she might need that back in her life.  If I had my choice I would load her in the car and take her home, but she just called me and told me to cool that idea.  She wants things done in a more official way.  Those of you that know us well might know that I like to spend some time in the less official world and I am sensing that this might not be the right time for that.  So for now room 2140 will still be occupied. (At least for a short time more.)

So we will see what happpens. I will keep you posted.  Thanks to all for your concerns, prayers and for your generous gifts of time, meals, flowers, cards, cleaning and everything else that has been given to us.  Deb and I often talk about the kindness that people have shown over this entire time going way back to last August.  It is truly appreciated and has had a deep impact on us.

Stan

9 comments:

  1. So glad to hear of the improvement she shows. Hang in there Deb!
    And greetings to Jim & Sylvia
    Tony & Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. There might be some days I could come over when you first get home Deb. Also I can give you my schedule so you know when I'm home......since I could get there in about 30 seconds if you phone or yell out the window. I wonder if one of those monitors would work from your house to mine?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello everybody,

    Had a nice long talk with Stan tonight. Long distance even.
    632 miles. + or -

    Stan doesn't know this, but we decided we are soul brothers.

    My trip in October to see Deb was one of the best decisions I can remember. I thought about it, I asked Deb, and I did it !

    Deb, you're sure spending a lot of time in personal valleys and mountains. Hard to believe Michigan is so flat, when you're doing all this desending and climbing.

    All my love,
    Dave Wassenaar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom...Who else would straighten up your garage and sweep out the leaves and dirt? Then tidy up the house for cleaners. That's the kind of visitor to have.

    In fact, I could use a visitor like that. Tulsa is not that far away, Mom, is it? Just kidding. So glad you can be there to lend a hand. I just wish I could have joined you for your work-fest. So, from Tulsa, Thanks Mom! We know where Deb gets at least some of her strength and work ethic!

    Deb, Rest as much as they let you and think of some more projects that I can tackle for you when I get to Michigan in May. I arrive May 22 and will be at your service...whenever Drake let's me leave his house, that is.

    Love,

    Your Sister...Krista

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Deb,

    Thanks to Stan we can keep up with you. Sounds like the rehab and recovery are moving along at a good steady pace.....don't rush it. Hope you are home soon.

    Terri, colleague and PEO sister.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Deb, hope you have an awesome day and get to sit by a window and enjoy the sunshine.

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  7. So grateful to read of the sensitive and practical helps your family and friends are providing you all (YES I'm from the south, where hospitality is for relaxing, sipping tea, and getting to know one another as we meet needs) this is certainly a time your 'burdens' are God sized and thus He is providing the co-laborers to assist you in the true time of need.

    Rehab is tough but you can do it and you'll appreciate the therapists who are urging you on for hours each day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Deb, it is a good thing you did not watch the tigers today....yikes....it was just plain bad...Michele, Lauren and her son went to todays game..I feel bad that they lost by so much. I think about you so much and you are doing so great. Everytime I read this blog I can feel your energy even though you may not be writing it. Debbie you are so strong and you will be home soon. I can't wait to see you back on the BBC....love ya, char and lily

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you are closer to going home! The wedding in Atlanta was really fun, and it was great to see family! I'll be home this week, then off to CA for a couple weeks. I'll come by to check up on you this week! Love you. Karol

    ReplyDelete