Thursday, September 15, 2011

Mom and Mums

Alden here.
So Mom kind of likes it when other people write the blog because she doesn't have to think about it, but yet she always has to proof read it before you post because she is worried you will forget to thank someone.

Basically she looks great and is up and around better than I thought she would be tonight.  Every once in a while she gets "achy" and has to sit down and recoup her strength for a minute.  Although she had some abdominal pain last night, it wasn't quite as bad today. Nausea has not been a problem, and her hair still looks like it did ten years ago.

Overall it's very impressive how well she seems to be doing through all of this. She really enjoyed the beautiful fall day, and getting to spend it with some good friends.  From across the room she says thanks Mary Lou for the Mums.

It really seems like it was months ago that I had to spend the night with her in the hospital, and only getting 10 mins of sleep in between beeps and nurse visits.

Now she wants me to post a bunch of pictures of Ross' wedding in Bulgaria, but I think I'll leave that for whoever gets to write on this thing tomorrow.

Love,
Alden

ps. Watch for me at the ND vs. State game this Saturday.  The distributor I sell through down in South Bend was kind enough to get me 2 tickets to the game, and although it's not the Wolverines, it should still be a fun game.  Go Tigers, Go Blue.

2 comments:

  1. Deb and Family
    Thanks for the updates on your blog. It's good to keep track of you from afar. We pray that your tribulations will have a wonderful outcome. However, all this talk about the "Blue" is causing me some pain. Might have to take some medication before I read the next blog posting. Go Spartans. Go Green. Looking forward to a great Spartan win on Oct 15th.
    Tom Bolt - East Lansing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new picture of you and Stan and Spencer! Hope to see you soon, Deb!

    Love,
    Leah

    ReplyDelete