Friday, September 23, 2011

A Good Friday

Had a nice relaxing day today, and felt pretty good too. Had a nice visit with my friend Jane, who made us some great banana bread!

Jodi thanks for the Panera meals for the weekend! You are so sweet.
Tonight we had a wonderful time having dinner with some great friends. Carol and Stewart, you are wonderful hosts, great meal, fun stories. can't thank you enough. Stewart, when are you coming home next??

I am so excited for tomorrow night, Alden and Mary are having a get together at their house. It is an Oktoberfest in September. It is kind of a house warming and it was suppose to be a meet my new wig but sorry, my hair is still here. Alden said I could still come without the wig. We might try to see a few Artprize things before their party. I have difficulty walking very far because my stomach hurts, but I am determined to see some of that art.  Will give a report on what we see tomorrow night.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry we can't be there today. Have fun! and give everyone in your family hugs and kisses. talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For whatever it's worth, two things came to my mind...
    One is that if you choose to not have your hair come out in your hands day by day, you can always take control of the situation and just take it all off and be done with it. I'm sure your hairdresser would be glad to help, or I also have been cutting my boys' hair all of their lives and would be happy to do that for you.

    The other thing involves Artprize...walking is not the only way to get around there. Ask Mieke how I managed to get around New York City when we went there for a mission trip. Or when we went to Universal's Islands of Adventure in Orlando. There are wheel chairs you can use at Beechwood. Or perhaps maybe just a walker would help. I've had to use one of those flashy four-wheel walkers with the built-in seat since my surgery a few weeks ago and it's kind of nice to be able to sit down whenever you feel like it. I'm just saying that if you're determined, there are ways around the pain and difficulties.

    So if I can help with any of this, let me know. I won't make it to Artprize this year because I'm on major restrictions until after it's over. So you go...for both of us.

    ReplyDelete