Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Is this the day?

Hair starting to come out in bigger amounts, so tonight could be the night. I have listened to enough people's advice and I am actually ready to try my new wig.  We'll see what Mieke says...she is the boss. Again, being the first day after chemo I feel pretty good, it gets around 3pm and then reality hits. So I am enjoying my morning. Our AT&T U-verse box went out (second time in a month) so I have been waiting all morning for the technician to show up. Not here yet and it's past noon.

I want to tell Linda how nice it was to get home late from chemo and have dinner waiting for us in the refrig. Thanks so much to my neighbor for putting the sign on the door explaining where we were. I love "Walnut" my new teddie bear. She said I could hug him, or punch him, whatever the need may be. I told her he was too cute, I don't think I could ever punch him, but who knows?????

Thanks also to my neighbor Linda for the fresh warm out of the oven scones. They were delicious!! I am so greatful for all the love and support, it keeps me going.

After talking with the Drs yesterday and other chemo patients, I am thinking of my condition more as a chronic disease rather than a terminal illness.  The people there tell me such encouraging stories of other patients who were told to give up, nothing they could do, and now some of them are cancer free!! Miracles really do happen and I am praying for that too.


An update on Shirley my mother-in-law, they removed her gallbladder last evening. They are only 50/50 on whether that will help her or not. She was feeling a little better, so let's hope that was it.

Please add my co-worker Michele's husband Lauren to your prayers. He had a stem cell transplant at Harper Hospital (my old nursing school by the way) and was home, but had to return to Spectrum for severe pain in his feet from gout. Hang in there Lauren and family, we are pulling for you too.

Those Tigers pulled out another one last night. We'll see what happens tonight, the last regular game of the season. Hope they go all the way!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hoping for good things to all of my friends....trying to stay awake to watch the Tigers...but I think sleep is going to win.....take care Debbie will talk with you soon....love ya

    ReplyDelete