Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Chemo Day #3

Hi, Today's treatment took 3 hr and 15 min. That is the shortest amt of time we have been there yet. I am so happy to report that the new cream that I got to numb the skin 1 hr. prior to sticking in the chemo needle worked! I didn't feel a thing. I am happy about that, because that smarted.  I did have the hypersensitivity reaction again to the Taxol, and they have now said I will probably have that every time. She said it is rare to have that reaction, but some people do. I said, well then it makes sense that I would have it, because I tend to have a lot of rare things happen to me.
Thanks to pastor Dawn for coming up, sitting with us and having prayer.

I now understand that I have finished my first cycle. A cycle is either once a week for 3 wks, or once every 3 wks. The Avastin is never started until the 2nd or 3rd cycle. They have not got word yet if Priority will pay for that drug or not. They said sometimes it's good that they don't reject you right away, it means they are at least thinking about it.

I felt very tired when I got home and took a long nap. But, I have to tell you that we did make a quick stop somewhere on our way home. It is a place I have wanted to see since Jackie told me about it. It is the WAR (Women at Risk) Boutique on 44th street. She heard the director of this speak a while back and was so impressed with the organization. My PEO group is going to have her speak to us this year also. Please check out their web site if you want to read about a huge problem that most have no idea is going on right here in the US.    www.warinternational.org
Women At Risk, International (WAR, Int’l) is a nonprofit organization established to place circles of protection around women at risk. The purpose and passion of this organization is to wrap arms of love around women and children, whispering the message that they were created for purpose and dignity. Creating safe places for women and children rescued from many abuses including human trafficking/sexual slavery, WAR, Int’l desires to give voice to their silenced cries.  

We have the Tiger station on and they just showed a special segment about the "Dreams Come True" program that I get to be a part of next Monday. I am really getting excited about that night. 



Duane, in answer to your question, Ross is a contract player and is used when they have pieces that require a 3rd trumpet. He gets asked quite often and has some gigs for Oct. already too.


Many people have said they have heard about Stan's blog, but they don't know how to find it. If you look to the right on my blog, you click on Stan's blog, and you go right to it. He is making me cry and laugh reliving lots of the crazy things that have happened in our 36 yrs together.

3 comments:

  1. The storefront for WAR is at 2790 44th Street SW in Wyoming. It is just a little past the big Rivertown Mall complex--near Buffalo Wild Wings and they have a large digital sign. They have great merchandise and you can shop with the proceeds going to a great cause. It is called WAR Chest and is quite impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb,
    Glad you're getting through it all. Yes, we had a WAR jewelry party at out church. Becky, the founder spoke, and it was amazing. It's frightening how close to home it hits...there are things happening even in Grand Rapids. Yesterday I was cutting dead flowers down and got stung by 2 bees from a beehive that was in the ground. Someone told me put a clear bowl over the top and they will all die. If you put a solid color bowl on, they will find another way out. But the clear bowl tricks them. We'll see. Anyway, I probably looked like our dad when I was running from the bees. I hope to see you soon! Love Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, glad Chemo 3 is done with....yea....will look for you on Tv next monday....so you best look at any camera and smile.....then say "Go MSU".....lol....char and lily

    ReplyDelete