Saturday, September 10, 2011

Tiger Game was GREAT!!!!!!!!!

Made it back to Holland today around 4pm. Had a wonderful time on my little road trip. Aside from a little  rain (which ponchos from the Dollar Store worked wonderfu!) we saw a wonderful game. The Twins got 4 runs in the first inning and we thought , this is going to be a LONG game, but the Tigers came roaring back and made it lots of fun. The rain held off so we could see the great fireworks, and then it started to pour on our walk back to the car. I can't say that I felt normal, I always have an ache in my abdomen and my stomach always feels kind of queasy (like I am sea sick). I have to tell you that I was not at ALL tempted to order a "milkshake". In fact, I could hardly look at people imbibing. The pictures below tell it all . Thanks Mom and Dad and Nancy for taking me!





Before we left for home, we had to attend the Plymouth Fall Festival's Kiwanis Pancake Breakfast. My Dad has been in charge of this for many years, and he has been flippin' the best pancakes as he was doing this am. He is now training some of the younger members to take over the duties.

Thank you Anna for the great dinner last night, yes, Stan did save some for me! You knew the way to his heart with ice cream pie!!

We are watching lots of great US Open tennis and looking forward to the big game under the lights tonight. GO BLUE

I have to thank Mieke and Stan for surprising me by totally cleaning my car inside and out!! Love you guys, can't wait to start driving again.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful pictures! Glad you got to go to the game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anyone who can smile during a rainy ball game must really love baseball!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures! Deb Bl.

    ReplyDelete