Sunday, September 18, 2011

Nice Sat. in Sept.

People have been asking me what the score what from last night's football game, well congrats to Rockford, they won 41-16.  I am glad I didn't have a big wager with my sister-in-law. My nieces were great in the Rockford marching band. Hope they do well in their invitational today.

We had a nice visit this am with some friends who live here in Holland,  Jack and Lee. They are also old friends of my parents from the CRC church in Detroit and I used to babysit their girls. They were so kind to bring us a Gammy's Peach'a'Berry Heirloom Pie from the Holland Market. Can't wait to dig into it. It was so fun to reminisce about old times and catch up with current events and family updates.

My parents can't seem to visit without me needing a little repair done around the house. Dad and Stan fixed a leak under my sink. We realized that even having cancer doesn't stop pipes from leakin'.

We did stay up to watch the Tigers win last night, WOO HOO!!  I have heard from some of you readers that I have even created some new Tiger fans out there! We are watching both MSU vs. Notre Dame and the Tiger game now.

I am feeling pretty good again today, thank goodness. We are looking forward to the GR Symphony tonight, Ross and Rumy will come back here tonight and we are going to visit with Grandma Hoksbergen tomorrow for lunch.

Lori, I have to tell you that my Dad said after eating your pumpkin pie and lasagna,"This girl is a good cook".  It has turned into the most beautiful fall day, hope you are all enjoying it as much as I am. Hope to go to church tomorrow. Last week tonight was my worst night, I am not planning on repeating that!
Deb

1 comment:

  1. Deb, I love reading your updates. To see "the hands and feet" of Christ serve you so. It brings tears to my eyes. The Family of God is a most powerful force. :-)
    Glad you are having lots of "good" days! We continue to pray for you! Praying that healing is taking place even as I write this.
    Take Care, Duane

    ReplyDelete