Monday, September 5, 2011

Tomorrow is a big day for kids and me...

First day of school and first day of chemo. I have to be at the Dr.'s office at 9am. Mieke is going with me and my sister Kris is meeting us there. She returns to Tulsa on Wed.
We had a very nice, relaxing time up north. Watched movies, sat on the deck, watched the birds, watched Alden catch big bass, and watched Ross row Rumy around in the boat. My daughter-in-laws did the cooking and clean up, they are wonderful. Enjoyed seeing all the wedding pictures from Bulgaria, looked like they had a wonderful time. They brought us each some great gifts.
Got to visit with my brother-in-law Tim who flew in for the weekend. So good to all be together.

I got a small canoe ride around the pond and I think I saved a turtle who seemed to be stuck on a funny V shaped log. I looked at  him as I paddled up, and usually the turtles always duck into the water when a human comes near, but this guy was stuck and did not seem to be able to move at all, and I kind of  felt a lot like him, stuck.......

Thanks for bringing dinner, and more, Claudia, so nice of you! I hope I can join the BBC girls when you go to Cranes for lunch and picking. I miss you all so much.

Kay, my neighbor across the street from Chicago was so kind to bring over a beautiful, very soft, pink robe. I love it, and I know it will be used a lot while I don't feel like getting dressed from Chemo days.

Gayle, so happy for your new position at Waukazoo! They are lucky to have you, thanks for the rhubarb bread.

Well, kids are getting their backpacks all ready for the start of school tomorrow and my chemo bag is packed. I have to remember to put my numbing cream on my port before we leave (so it doesn't hurt when they stick the needle in).

Mieke, Jackie, and I went to "The Help" tonight. I loved the book and enjoyed the movie too. I hate that there is hate in the world and movies like that make you think a lot about horrible things like racial discrimination. It is so ridiculous that humans can treat other humans like that. That is all I can say.

A strange mixture of feelings going on right now. The day I've waited for is here, and I'm dreading it. I don't want to be sick, or have cancer but that is what I'm facing now, so bring it on. Let's do this thing.

Deb

9 comments:

  1. I hope everything goes as smoothly as it can tomorrow, Deb! I'll be thinking of you.

    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll be thinking of you as you sit in the Recliner tomorrow and will be praying for the Chemo to do its job 100 percent. love you,
    Ross

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way as you begin your treatment. The Vanderwagens

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you as you begin this part of your journey. You are in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you today! I am hoping today will be an easy day and the start of a healthy journey.
    Deb B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you today, and knowing that the big battle is beginning inside your body. Go Chemo! You are a mighty woman, Turtle Saver. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're thinking of you as you begin your treatment. Go, Chemo, do your work!!

    Eileen & Hank

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to hear you are good! Your family is amazing, and I am jealous of your craft room!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Opps! The comment above was from Deb B.

    ReplyDelete