Saturday, September 17, 2011

I Get By With a Little Help from My Friends

The title for today's blog is the saying that was on the pillow that my friend Karen gave to me today from the great Beatle's song. It sure is true. I don't know what I would do without all the support and love I have received from my friends. Today was another example of this.
First my friend Denise brought over Panera pastries and  Frappacinos a great way to start the day.  She surprised me with another very special gift. I was a sub on a Bunco team and these wonderful girls, Carolyn, Sherri, Sheryl, Janet, Julia, Karen, Joy, Janet and Denise gave me a beautiful pendent necklace with the words LOVE, HOPE, TRUST and it has a little ruby on it. I was so touched by your kindness, I love it!!
Kim has been cutting my hair for over 20 years. I helped her have her second child. Today was a first, she came and gave me a hair cut at my house. I didn't have another hair cut appt. made because I figured I would have lost my hair by now and I wouldn't need one. Well, my hair is hanging in there (the nurses say it will probably start falling out after next weeks chemo). Thanks Kim for the house call and the scones. You are a doll and I appreciate you!
My Mom and Dad decided to make the trip to Holland from Plymouth this afternoon. After enjoying a wonderful lasagna meal from Lori we decided to hop in the car and attend the West Ottawa/Rockford football game. I have two nieces who march in the Rockford marching band and I have wanted to see them march. It was a fun night, they did a great job and my aunt Margie met us there too.
It is now past midnight, and the Tigers are winning 3-1. Not sure I will be able to stay up for the whole game or not.
Tomorrow night is going to be fun, we are going to hear Ross play with the Grand Rapids Symphony , Can't Wait!!
I felt pretty good today, hope that continues. I need Mieke to post the wedding pictures, will try and get her to do that tomorrow. Deb

3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you're feeling pretty good and are able to get out and about! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK...so who won the football game? (I know you may have split loyalties.)

    Wish I could see the marching band and the symphony. Have a great time.

    From cool Tulsa,
    Your cool sister, Krista

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry we tied up Mieke all day Sat so she didn't get to posting pictures. What a blessing to come home from work to have the kids to have had such a wonderful day with Mieke - they love her!

    ReplyDelete