Thursday, September 22, 2011

Something exciting to share

I want to wish a very happy birthday to someone special. She is an old friend of ours from Lansing, MI. Jennifer is the founder of Shining a Light, an organization in Tanzania that helps empower women and children through employment, education and spiritual enrichment. They make the most beautiful sandals! I want to share her web site so you can all learn about her exciting mission. I am so proud of you Jennifer.
http://shiningalight.org/index.php

I have felt pretty much the same today as yesterday, the new "normal". A constant stomach ache. I am thankful for no nausea. I had a busy day with lots of wonderful company. My cousin Carol came to see me. She is from Lynden,WA. It was so good to see her again and get caught up. I love the Carol Roeda "acorn basket" and I will think of you fondly whenever I see it. Marilyn and Roy, other cousins, your gift for the "shower fund" is too kind. Thanks so much. We are holding up our cute tea bags from my sister Kris (notice the Detroit Tiger pumpkin) :)

My sister-in-law Miriam stopped by today on her way to Ferrysburg to help around the in-laws house. Thanks for the "angel" and magazine Miriam. You are a wonderful person with all your volunteer efforts with the Burmese kids. We had been in frequent contact with Stan's Dad about his Mom. She is now in Hackley Hospital. We anticipate she will be having gallbladder surgery, but at this point it is too "hot" to take out. She is now on antibiotics and hopefully with be on the mend soon.

This afternoon I had a visit with David, my friend and chaplain from Holland Hospital. We have been on mission trips to Honduras together and our kids went to school together. It was so good to catch up, thanks for the love and support. My love to your whole family, Barb,Anna, Emily and Nate. 

Well, how about them Tigers last night!! They need to get going right now, behind 5-1 Yikes!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Deb - love that pumpkin! Sorry to hear that Shirley has more to deal with, yikes!
    The sandals are very cool, I wonder if that would be something the Bridge downtown might sell? Hope you have a comfortable weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I am getting to nervous to watch the game....hope you are feeling ok....I will keep your mother in - law in my Prayers....love to all....

    ReplyDelete