Wednesday, September 14, 2011

New blog, old dog and some really nice people

Stan writing here tonight.  Deb enjoyed spending part of the day with our oldest son Ross. He was in town to rehearse with the GR symphony and stayed overnight between rehearsals.  Somebody dropped off some apples from Cranes and Deb just told me it was Claudia who she works with. She was hoping to join some of her fellow workers at Cranes but that did not work out with Ross being here.  This afternoon Deb and Mieke joined some other members of their PEO group at the Center for Women in Transition. PEO is a group of women who support many things in this community and others and they  learned some things about the Center from the director.  Deb's good friend Jackie, brought a bunch of goodies over and a great find from a local thrift store. She is the best at finding new or next to new things at these stores.

Then a nice package came with some neat things from Deb's sister Krista.  To top off the day Karol Hicks brought over a nice meal.  I had previously regarded myself as the finest preparer of pork tenderloin but had to firsthand come to the position that that honor goes to her.   The rest of the stuff was good as well.  She has recently been elected as an elder of our church and wherever she goes things get lively.  She had just returned from California where her husband works. Kind of one of these Jet set relationships.

We are having to consider the dreaded day when the quality of life for our dog Spencer might be reaching the point that it is not right to have things go on.  Deb talked to the vet today and we might have a time here soon where our family can have a chance to say good-bye before we do anything. I can still recall the day 15 years ago he came bouncing out of his cage to the delight of Mieke. Spencer has been a perfect dog for us.

The end of the day is bringing Deb a bout with feeling some real pain and that is why I am writing this. She has not felt like this yet with this whole ordeal and is surprised by it. She had such a good day up till a few hours ago.

My mom is home and doing OK but also not one her best days today.  Niece Becky is back to work but uses a scooter for her broken ankle. Deb's dad is doing better on some new medication.

I want to take a moment to thank everyone for the fine expressions of love and support you have given both of us.  I does not make the trouble disappear but it sure does help.  I would have never imagined any thing like what people have done for us.  Really special!

Stan the Man for Deb

4 comments:

  1. missed u at cranes today deb! we had a fun time, lunch and picking and eating some of what we picked...:) thanks for the updates and just know that i think of and pray for you and your family often!! hope the pain is gone that stan wrote about and that u will have a good peaceful sleep.so glad to hear you are being blessed by so many people:) GOD is good, He is showering you with love thru all those people! mary leeuw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for updating Stan! Praying that Deb's pain is very short lived and helped with pain medication. She has been such a rock through this and our family, although we don't know you all, are quite inspired by her. I follow Libby's blog and was sent over from there some weeks ago. Just wanted you to know we are thinking of you and praying for you always. I was sad to hear about your sweet dog -- we also went through that with a beloved cat and it is very difficult. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It just doesn't seem right to have to make a decision about Spencer at a time like this. I hope you get a clear direction with the help of family and the vet.
    So sorry for the pain Deb is having. Praying there is relief from this soon.
    Thanks for keep us updated. You are all in our thoughts and prayers constantly.
    In His love,
    Linda Breen

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok now I now tears coming down my face....Spencer....I know what a difficult decision that is...I had too do that last year with my Emma....I was keeping her going for me....then I knew that was not right...but oh so hard..it is nice when you have a vet in the family...he came over and helped her with lily and I by her side....Debbie take care of yourself....I want to visit...but really I don't cook....I don't do much in the kitchen....what a deliema....what to bring....hmmmm hopefully something will come to me...take care my friend....hugs to all...

    ReplyDelete