Thursday, September 29, 2011

Is Bald Really Beautiful??

Not so sure I agree with that statement, but maybe I just need to get used to it. Mieke did the honors last night. Not feeling the best today, had a headache during the night. The nurse warned me if I get a headache, be sure and take something RIGHT AWAY!! So I got up at 3am and took some Tylenol. My stomach is very queasy today, so I am thinking I will be feeling the worst on my every third week treatment when I get all three chemo drugs. Not liking wearing the wig either, it squeezes my head, but I'm sure I need to get used to it also. Aaron didn't even notice I was wearing it today, so that is a good sign.

My friend Vickie surprised me last night with another beautiful bouquet of blue hydrangeas. I love them, they have become my "signature" flower throughout this journey.

Thanks Barb for bringing the "Eet Smakelijk" dish and all the fixins' for dinner. It is so appreciated. We love it.

We are excited to watch the Tigers play the Yankees tomorrow night. Hope it stops raining sometime. They just announced the top 10 for Artprize, and I still have not seen any of them. 

Good new, Shirley, my mother-in-law returned home from the hospital today, really glad to be home, and seems to be feeling better. More answered prayers......thanks everyone.

3 comments:

  1. Deb, It was really good to see you last week or was it the week before that? I've been following your blog and including you in all my prayers, right after Gary. Chemo is a real B....., but just concentrate on letting it work, consider it your only job and let your friends and family take care of the rest. It makes us feel less helpless. And about your meds...listen to your chemo nurses and stay ahead of any discomfort, they know what they're talking about....REALLY! Whatever we can do, we'd love to be there for you. Deb & Gary Millikan

    ReplyDelete
  2. After 4 long, lost Comments..I give up!!@

    On plane ready to leave Atlanta. ( My efforts to Comment on your blog filled my 2 hour lay over.)

    Love, prayers, and sweet dreams for you,

    Krista

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I know bald is beautiful.....I have heard that so many times.....maybe the more you wear the wig it will give a little and you won't feel so bad with it on...my mom use to wear a wig all of the time...never really knew why....maybe next week we can see each other again....and again I offer Lily's hair I still have some...could fix some braids for you? lol just think of the chemo drugs as a heavy equipment working on a job.....or I like the pac man idea too....take care my friend...Go Tigers...I will have the tv on but don't know if my eyes will stay awake...working this weekend....and I must say Go MSU!!! take care my friend....love ya char and lily

    ReplyDelete