Friday, September 2, 2011

Away for the weekend

We are going to go up north to the "Hoksbergen Homestead" for the weekend. Our boys and their wives will be there and also some other family members. We are looking forward to the little diversion from all the "Cancer" goings on before I start chemo on Tues.

A friend from church and a member of her prayer group came over and prayed with me, my sister and two friends today. Thank you so much Sylvia.

Had a great time with "old" friends who came and brought Panera for lunch. We grew up together in the Detroit area and went to the Grosse Pointe Christian Day School, a 4 room 1-8 grade school house.  Thanks Helene and Jean for the flowers, the quilt from Margaret's Hope  Chest, ( check out www.Margaret's Hope Chest.blogspot.com  It is a very interesting non-profit program.), and the darling Periwinkle turban and scarf to keep my head warm this winter. My sister and I and these two friends have been friends since birth practically. Helene has been through breast cancer herself and Jean's daughter-in-law was just treated last year for Hogkin's Lymphoma and is in remission. They had lots of helpful hints and suggestions.

Thanks Val for the delicious supper, so appreciated. I took my port bandage off today and I am happy to report, it doesn't look too bad.

Have a wonderful Labor Day Holiday everyone, thanks for your prayers, love and expressions of concern. It means the world to us!!

1 comment:

  1. have a great weekend....rest, relax and enjoy family.....and maybe a good drink or two...love ya....char and lily

    ReplyDelete