Monday, September 12, 2011

Much better day today

I am happy to report that I slept all night and felt much better today. It was such a gorgeous weather day, I spent most of the day sitting out on the porch. Jackie came over for coffee this am. My friend Marcia stopped by to loan me her DVD player to take to chemo with me, and also gave me some wonderful DVD's to enjoy, some on travel and others humorous. Marcia being a ca survivor knows the importance of laughing. She also took me for a ride out to the state park in her convertible, so fun!!

I had a nice visit by Greg, one of the pastors from my church. Thanks Greg for your words of encouragement, love, support and your prayer.

I also had a great visit from my friend and co-worker Nicki and her three darling kids. She brought me a beautiful lime green and lavender quilt made by the North Holland Reformed Church Hope Quilt Ministry.  The card that came with it is so beautiful, I want to share it with you. It says,
     This quilt is a gift of love and prayer. It is a statement of our belief in prayer, our faith in God,     and  in  His power to comfort , strengthen, encourage and heal.  Each knot represents a prayer that   was said for you. 
Thank you so much, I know three nurses, ( Nicki, Jodi and Katie) that I work with go to that church, plus a nurse, Dawn who works at my Drs. office and is a recent cancer survivor. Your love and prayers mean so much, they are what is keeping me sane through this whole journey.

Betty, your white chicken chili really hit the spot for dinner, and your cookies were awesome. Thanks for your kindness.

We're watching the Tigers win so far. Nancy goes with us to chemo tomorrow and will go back to Plymouth from GR. I appreciate all your help around here, you are wonderful!

1 comment:

  1. Deb,
    You are my "wonder woman!!" I know
    that God is listening to all the prayers that are lifted up for you and your family.
    That you are able to attend a Tiger's game, ride to the beach (in a convertable no less)and not suffer from all the terrible things that chemo can do to a person...Now THOSE are answers to prayer!!!
    Keep up the fight...you WILL win this battle.
    With love,
    Ellen W

    ReplyDelete