Monday, August 22, 2011

2nd Anniversary for Alden and Mary

Alden and Mary just stopped by on their way to Butches Dry Dock to celebrate their 2nd Anniversary. They have had a couple of great years. Mary says it was not tough at all. The best part about their visit was Alden found the missing TV remote. It was in the recliner and I think Stan lost it in there while I was in the hospital. (he denies that). Anyways, we are so glad it has reappeared.
Another thing that has appeared is a black purse? Anyone missing a purse? It is a KOKO brand with only lipstick and medicine in it. Weird......
I spent most of the day again in the recliner on the back porch. It was a beautiful day, starting with devotions from my new favorite book "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young.
I forgot to mention this the other day. When we had devotions with my family one night, my sister read out of this book and said I could borrow her copy because it has been so meaningful to her and her girls through my neice Libby's bout with cancer. Every day it seems to just speak directly to you.
The next day when reading my comments on this blog, without ever mentioning the name of the book, my good friend Crystal who now lives in Wisconsin writes, Oh, by the way we are sending you a copy of our new favorite devotional book called, you guessed it, Jesus Calling. They said it has been life changing to them. Isn't that something?
I had wonderful visits and phone calls from good friends. Dinner was wonderful Betty thanks so much.
Mieke and Krista went shopping for me and came back with some great finds from the thrift store and Penneys. Love personal shoppers.
We saw a few wedding pics from Ross and Rumy's wedding, we will try and post a couple. They looked great and so happy.
May be a late night picture post by Mieke.

5 comments:

  1. keeping you and your family in my prayers! love to hear how things are going :) sounds like a good devotional, i need to get a good one for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was good to see you tonight, Deb. You look wonderful - take good care of yourself.

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear from Stan last night. I am still waiting for someone to come over for ice. My thoughts are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you're finally able to get back to some of the important things in life...like being happy abt finding the remote. Or maybe I mean the normal things in life. Well, it just tells me things are slightly calm for the moment. I'm anxious for you to get started with treatment. I know you're eager to get started with the fight! I believe too, that God wants you to be healed! Love Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was given Jesus Calling in May when I was struggling so much... I have been so blessed by it each day, and pray the same for you.

    ReplyDelete