Monday, August 8, 2011

Trying to Stay Busy

    Stan and I got home this afternoon from up north. We had a good time with my parents and good friends. We watched all the Tiger games and went to the little LeRoy market on Sat. Talked to Ross and Rumy on Sunday from Bulgaria. They made it safe and sound. Met my neighbor girlfriends at the IttyBittyBar tonight for a last "Ladies Night Out" dinner for a while. Thanks for being so supportive and optimistic, and for arranging my house to be cleaned a couple of times while I recoupe.
     My plan for this week is to stay as busy as possible, so I don't have too much time to sit around and think about what is growing inside of me. I am getting more uncomfortable and not liking that I have to take Vicodin. Tomorrow, Jackie and I are meeting my folks in Lansing at Ross and Rumy's house. I wanted to see how my Dad's coming on refinishing their baby grand. We are also bringing some more great "garage sale" deals Jackie found for them. Alden and Mary are bringing dinner over Tues. night, they are leaving for a wedding in Boston. They said they would cancel their plans, but I said I wanted them to go, I would see then on Sunday.
Wed. I plan to attend a PEO luncheon and auction with Mieke. I can't think of anything I like more than, eating, shopping and being with good friends. Wed. night I will attend the last of the Hope Summer Repertory plays I had tickets to.
Thurs. I start the clear liquids only and the bowel prep. for surgery. Can't believe I have to do that again so soon. Will find out in the afternoon what time my surgery is scheduled for and when to be at Spectrum.
I can't begin to tell you how moved to tears I was to see all of you who signed up to bring meals already. I don't know what to say, other than I am humbled and extremely appreciative to all of you for the love and support I am receiving. My next door neighbor Cheryl surprised us with a meal , it is going along to Lansing and we will enjoy a picnic tomorrow. I am hearing from people I don't even know.  I do appreciate all the prayers and kind words. It makes all this bearable.

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you. from one cancer survivor to a cancer fighter, soon to be survivor I love you and am thankful you are taking advantage of this time before surgery and enjoying being with people you love. wish I lived closer. love Libby

    ReplyDelete