Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Purse owner discovered

The mystery has been solved. The purse is my brother's. Oh, that does not sound so good. I should say he borrowed it from my sister-in-law to bring me some wonderful chocolate cake and he put it on ice and used this black bag as a cooler. He confessed it is the bag that Nancy uses to sneek wine into Co-America park. She is my kind of gal.

Just had a visit from Al, my father-in-law. He had also just visited with Shirley my mother-in-law at Heartland Rehab. She went there from the hospital yesterday. She starts her therapy today. She is weak and does not have much appetite. Please continue to pray for her recovery. I will get up there to see her very soon. I am getting the itch to get out of this house.

I received in the mail a "holding cross" from my sister's new church in Tulsa, OK. It is a large downtown church called First Presbyterian Church. This cross was made by one of their members from an old mahogany wood church pew. It is what I call a reformers rosary. I have held it when I pray many times. Thank you First Pres for being so wonderful and welcoming to my sis. She is the best and you are good for each other. Hope to visit with you some Sunday.

I want you to know that I also received the "correct" bouquet of flowers from Alden's in-laws Meg and Walt Meeker. These did not say they were from "Sexy Face" and they are much classier than the first ones. As I told Meg, the laughs we got out of the whole mix up was worth it.

Mieke's meeting at Hope today went extremely well. She is going to be able to take a lightened load, very flexible, take her placement at Waukazoo Elementary close to home, no tests and will still be able to do her student teaching next semester. She will be able to help get me through chemo this way. Thank you Linda Jordan for every thing!

One last thing, is there someone who can teach us how to do a "V" crochet stitch out there?? My sister gave Mieke the yarn and pattern, but wants to make sure they are doing it correctly before they start. I know one of my PEO sisters knows how.
Thanks, Deb

7 comments:

  1. Hello Deb,

    Have been reading your blog and am glad that you are healing. I have continued to include you in my prayers, when I read (you guessed it) Jesus Calling!!!! Even us Catholics find it spiritually uplifting and yes, every day it's what I need. How does that happen? I do know how to do the "V" crochet stitch, but it has been about 20 years since I've done one. However, I have an afghan here that I made with that stitch; if no one else steps up to the plate, I will teach Meike. It's not hard once you start. Now to analyze my afghan.............. Claudia M. (BBC)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read Claudia's statement....and I agree about the Catholic thing....the only kind of crochet stitch I know is doing a string....ha ha....I am so glad too that Hope is working with Meike ....Emma and I went to Waukazoo school many years ago to visit the kids....if she wants Lily to stop sometime when she is there just let me know...she does help kids to read...and she works wonders with kids with anger issues....Debbie I have been thinking about you so much....and all of the old memories keep coming back....you are so strong and have so much faith you are my Hero....I look up to you so so much....take care my friend...hugs to all char and lily

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay.....so regarding the purse. It really is a insulated lunch bag/cooler and I use it for things other than sneaking wine into Comerica Park. (hey....the wine there is not that great - lol)
    Glad to hear that you get to have a few laughs in your day.....and that you found your remote!!!
    Love you and good talking to you today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not much of a crochet'er and when i attempt, i always go to you tube and find a video. if you can't find someone close to stop by, try that. love the blog and stan's too. its nice to feel like i'm with family across the miles when i read the blog. you are an inspiration to others! maybe Nancy should give the info where to buy one of these 'purses' for the rest of us who would like to sneak wine into ball parks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb, I can't even begin to tell you how sad I was when told about you having cancer. But as I've learned over the last year, you can either run and try to hide or turn and meet it face on. Knowing you it will be the face on, don't even think you're gonna take me down, kind of attitude. And we're right there with you! Anything you need, I would be honored if you asked. You're right up there on my prayer list, next to Gary. I would love to stop by and see you whenever you're up to it. And as for miracles, I'm sure they exist, so why shouldn't it be you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deb You ARE your fathers daughter !!! Its Comerica, (vs Co-America) ! But thats okay Dad has banked there for forty years and likes Co-America too
    Love Big litte brother Jim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Deb and Family,
    Your whole Beechwood church family wants you to know how much we love you. You and your family are in our prayers. The whole Hoksbergen family has been a blessing to us over the years and we want to be a blessing now to you. Be certain of our prayers and love and please ask for whatever you may need. Pastors Jim Lankheet and Dawn Vagle

    ReplyDelete