Saturday, August 27, 2011

What Cancer Cannot Do

My sister gave me a plaque that I have sitting in my kitchen window sill, it is entitled

What Cancer Cannot Do
Cancer is so limited...
It cannot cripple Love
It cannot shatter Hope
It cannot corrode Faith
It cannot destroy Peace
It cannot kill Friendship
It cannot suppress Memories
It cannot silence Courage
It cannot invade the Soul
It cannot steal eternal Life
It cannot conquer the Spirit.
Anonymous

I agree with it, thanks Kris

My niece Libby and her family have evacuated their home in Virginia because of the hurricane Irene. Hope and pray they are safe and sound.

Thanks Laura and Becca for the book, Friendship Bread, looking forward to reading it! Jodi, you know Mieke loves and will use all the craft supplies you brought over. Had quite a pain in my abdomen all day, don't like it. Will hope for a better day tomorrow, may try and see Stan and Mieke do the skit for the kids at church tomorrow. Can Stan fill in for Aaron as the puppet man?? We'll see.
Hope to visit Stan's Mom also at the rehab facility in the afternoon.
Another Verlander win!! Go Tigers







5 comments:

  1. Deb, just want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers every day. I'm so thankful that you are surrounded by so much love and care of a wonderful family and a host of friends. You're a source of inspiration to me, and I love your blog and Stan's too! Can hardly wait for the next installment from both of you. Blessings,
    Donna Van Iwaarden

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been up in TC, with limited internet, and back home with company since Monday. I read your blog everyday and you are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. I look forward to hearing about Ross & Rumi's wedding. Nina and Tony have a food truck, The Purple Carrot, and they are in a competition to compete in the next season of The Great Food Truck Race, and I am working to get people to vote for them, they are in 3rd place with over 215 trucks nationwide,along with helping Torye with her two kids. I know your loving having all your helpers doing all the projects for you, that sounds wonderful. Then you can just drink coffee and visit! You're great at that, so enjoy that.
    I know you must be so anxious and want to get the show on the road. You are really blessed with wonderful family and friends. I'd love to come see you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take it easy my friend....if you do come grand haven way....honk between franklin and washington st.....you may see us out walking lol.....love ya, char and lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. On vacation, but not on vacation from praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't go a day without checking in more than once! I hope the pain subsides, and that you can get to do some of those "normal" things you love to do! ---Then again, what's normal about us!!!?? Cancer can't take away the wonderful, crazy times we have had! Love you! --Karol

    ReplyDelete