Saturday, August 20, 2011

A Good Day

Deb writing her own blog this time. I had a good day. I was surrounded by my family, Mom and Dad, sister, brother, niece and nephew and a whole slew of neighbors and good friends who stopped by with love and support. I can't begin to tell you how wonderful it is to be taken such good care of. Fresh flowers, home made Chix soup, Chex mix, fresh produce from the market....it goes on and on. You wouldn't believe the projects that got done around here. Dry walling in the garage, sheet music sorted, Mieke's craft room organized. It is amazing what "nervous energy" can do. I will forever be grateful to my wonderful family for all the work they did.
We had a wonderful time of devotions and prayer with the whole family tonight (after the Tiger game). Most of the group plans to go and see Mieke and Aaron do their puppet show at church tomorrow for the kids. Stan writes the story and they perform it. Wish I could go, I might try and sneak to see them. not really
Tomorrow is the big wedding day and I am really sad I am not there to see it.. They promised they would tape as much as possible.
Again, I can't thank you enough for all the cards, blog comments, emails and facebook messages. I read them all and appreciate them. Also, I thank you for reading Stan's blog. It will be a good thing for him to do as this journey begins. Everyone tells us It is a marathon, not a sprint.
Good Night, Deb


5 comments:

  1. Good morning Deb,
    I have been waking up early everyday lately and find you are the first person on my mind, so I pray for you. At night, I have insomnia. Paul goes to sleep fast, so again I pray for you. All through the day, thoughts of you fleet through my brain as I work, so again...you know. I knew you would be blessed by so many people in your life who love you, so I never worried about that, but it seems that your cup overfloweth. Now you know how much you mean to everyone! There you go!!!Did you ever doubt it??? Did I ever give you a copy of Sarah Young's devotional book, Jesus Calling? If I didn't, tell me. Paul just ordered one for you and I couldn't remember if you already had one. This little book has changed Paul's and my life like nothing else. It is just like Jesus is speaking to you everyday and is always subject relevant. It is amazing.
    Have a wonderful Sunday. Off to work I go!
    Love,
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phil & Carole StaalAugust 21, 2011 at 1:15 PM

    Deb, we are praying for you every day. Keep looking up and hang tough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deb and all, I just got done giving Lily a bath...what a hoot I don't know who is more wet? anyway...I am glad you are having a good day...you are in my thoughts and Prayers all of the time....tell Spencer I am sorry I forgot to bring a treat for him....next time....take care my friend...hope to see you soon....char and lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Deb,
    Just wanted to know I am thinking and praying for you. Tell Ross and Rumi congrats on the wedding. I miss them, they were good housemates. Hope all your news just gets better every visit,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Deb,
    Sounds like you're getting a ton of attention now that you're back on your own turf. Just know that you're on my mind and in my prayers daily...if you need someone to keep you company during chemo just give me a buzz and I'll be there.
    You're a special lady and I'm so honored to be one of your friends. God bless you on your journey.
    With much love, Ellen Waterway

    ReplyDelete