Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Surgery Time at Spectrum

Hi Everyone, just heard from the nurse at Spectrum Downtown. She said my surgery is scheduled for Friday at 12:50pm. We need to be there 2 hrs earlier. We are the surgeon's second case of the day. Of course they say this time is not for sure until tomorrow at 5pm, because anything can change.
I am feeling ok this am, enjoying the beautiful cool air. It feels like fall. We had a wonderful meal last night prepared by Alden and Mary, this chicken and Kale dish. I think it is my first time having fresh kale. It was wonderful. They also gave us this market basket full of fresh veggies from an Amish farmer they are in a coop with. Stan is taking them to the airport today for Boston. Pray they get there safely and back on Sunday.
I bought a used leather swivel/rocker/recliner yesterday from Bible for Mexico for $40. They said I would need one to sleep in after my surgery. It really is quite comfortable. If I don't want it later, the kids all said they would be glad to take it off my hands.
The abdominal pain seems to be the worst in the evening, probably from being up all day with increased circulation to that area. Sleeping pretty good on one side which is a blessing.
Looking forward to my luncheon today and Hope play. Thanks again for all the expressions of love and support you are giving to me. It is overwhelming. Deb









2 comments:

  1. Hi Deb,
    I've just caught up on your blog--my husband, Jack and I have been friends with Tim and Krista for many years. I have followed Libby's journey over the last year and will now pray for you and your family as well. It sounds like you are blessed with wonderful people to surround you and uphold you at this time. At a time of struggle when my mom received her cancer diagnosis, she asked her pastor what she could do--he said simply, "rest in the cradle of God's grace". May it be so for you...
    peace,
    Carole Harriff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Deb,
    I just don't know what to say... I don't want to say something wrong. Just that you know that we all think of you. We will be in France but I will keep in touch. We wish you and your family the very best. Aude (Angele's mom)

    ReplyDelete