Friday, August 26, 2011

Friday night update

My niece Becky's surgery to repair her ankle went well. She had a nerve block prior to surgery and is pain free now and hopefully that will continue for a long time. She is a pt at Spectrum and will hopefully go home in the am. My sister Krista is planning to stay with her tonight and let her husband Jason go home tonight with their little guy Drake.

I got lots of things scheduled today, the plan is as follows:
Mon - blood work
Tues- chest x-ray and CT scan at Spectrum
Wed - port put in at Holland Hospital by interventional radiologist

My sister-in-law Nancy came from Plymouth to help care for me for a couple of days.
Had a wonderful ride in my friend Lori's convertible in the beautiful sunshine. It made me feel like a real person again, instead of a patient.
Had wonderful visits from relatives and friends. Stan is working on painting the garage.(he loves that) Thanks Mary for the great dinner! So appreciated.
To top off the day Nancy and I went to the state park to watch the boats going in and out of the channel and then saw a beautiful red sunset with a sailboat silhouette right in front of it........No place like Holland in the summer.

Thanks to Lori and Connie for the gift of cleaning my house today. You guys are wonderful!!

Good news, Mieke found a sub leaser for her house this semester. The Lord is good and details seem to be working out well for her to be around to help through my months of chemo.

Tigers are winning 2-1, turned in my application for some free Tiger tickets and chance to meet my favorite Tigers. Will let you know if I get selected. Thanks Jean for the info on that.

I want to thank my church Beechwood Reformed for all the love, cards, meals,visits and expressions of caring during this difficult time, I do feel the arms of Jesus around me and I am at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment