Tuesday, August 30, 2011

30 more minutes to drink

I can't have anything to eat or drink after midnight so I am enjoying my diet Ruby Red Squirt. Everything went OK today at Blodgett with the CT scan. I just didn't feel the greatest all day, not painful, just as Mieke says , Meh. No bad, not good, just Meh. I did not take any Vicodin today, so that is a first.
Stopped to see Alden at his house after my tests because he lives very close to Blodgett. That is one good thing about having to go to GR for treatment, I will have an excuse to stop and see my "little" boy. He has a home office, Mary was at work, but got to see Laura, Mary's sister who is staying with them for a few days until she moves into her apt. and starts a master program in social work at GVSU.

Kind of a strange feeling thinking about the port being put in tomorrow, it is so "real". No way to deny having cancer after that is put in......






3 comments:

  1. Dear Deb,
    Hope and pray that the port goes in smoothly, and will bring on the cancer zapping medicine soon. I am sure you are extremely anxious to get on with the treatment! We enjoy reading all your entries and Stan keeps us smiling about the early years....Keep them coming!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. thinking of you my friend.....hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Deb,
    Love to read your blog! I am back at work but not back at home. I don't have any meetings on Friday and would like to stop by- if that's ok. It sounds like you have plenty of great friends and family helping you out and praying for you.
    I am sure the port went well. I have heard mixed reviews- from uncomfortable to no feeling. At least you won't harden your veins like I did. You are constantly on my mind- wishing you and your family didn't have to go through this. Just know that I am thinking of you an will see you soon. xo
    Another Deb (B.)

    ReplyDelete