Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Housekeeping Details

Hello...Krista here:(Deb's Sister)
Deb has not been feeling her best today. Also a bit nervous regarding her doctor's appointment tomorrow at 2 pm. But do not fear, she will be surrounded by her best back-up team: Stan, Alden, Mieke and me. We are busy reviewing the results of Nurse Karen's literature search at the hospital. Most common word..."rare." We hope to come home tomorrow with lots more information, including treatment. Hope the doc has the same agenda. Pray that this is the case.

Stan and Mieke are busy hauling in some furniture she painted for her college house but will now put to good use here at home. She is bound to do some productive studying sitting at her bright ORANGE desk! A PURPLE night stand may also join in her colorful room.

Now for some housekeeping details, as promised by the title:

As the current "chief cook and bottle washer"...thanks to all you loving cooks out there, I have not had much cooking to do. As a result, lots of other projects have been tackled. Deb (or Mieke) sets the priority and points me in the direction of their choice and I give it my best shot. Your meals have allowed me to complete a lot of other tasks that should make things easier to manage in the coming months as Deb focuses on treatment and regaining her health.

For those of you who have brought dishes or other things that you need back, they have been washed and placed in the laundry room (Yes, Jim...your purse is in there, too.) Stop by to say "hi" to Deb and pick them up at your convenience. Thanks again for the lovely meals. Such a lift for everyone here.

Several of you have asked for ideas of things that Deb could use, would enjoy, or might make her smile...others ask if there is anything they can do. I have put together a little list of suggestions that might be helpful. Please e-mail me at this new e-mail address: www.debsOKsister@gmail.com (as in...her sister from Oklahoma)

Thanks to all of you who are supporting this family with your prayers, love, cards, flowers, meals and other expressions of concern & care. They are all so appreciated. Wish you could see Deb's face when the mail comes or a delivery is made. Brightest moments of the day.

Love,

Deb's OK Sister - Krista

3 comments:

  1. Krista, so glad that you are able to be there with Deb. I know how much it means to her, cause I know how much it would mean to me to have my sister(s) with me. Please don't forget to send your email address. Would love to be able to do something for Deb from way out here in Virginia.
    Deb-will send extra prayers today that the doctors will give more enlightenment and good news and have a treatment plan.
    As always, keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Krista--so good to hear you are with Deb! I know she'll get great care. I will be praying for you also--this has been quite a 'season' for your family--may you all be able to step forward through Him who gives you strength.
    Love you...
    Carole H

    ReplyDelete