Friday, August 19, 2011

Great First Night at Home

Good Morning, I am writing this myself. I am so happy to report that I only had to wake up once during the night to take my pain meds and "re-ice". I slept great in my recliner, Mieke slept on the couch in the family room with me. She is such a great care giver. They only other crazy thing that happened was we heard this awful noise outside the screened porch and I think it was a couple of fighting squirrels, it was a terrible noise and Mieke was NOT going to open the door and see what was going on. It soon stopped and we got back to sleep.
My Mom and Dad are taking care of me today. Dad just went to the Mobile to buy a big bag of ice, my ice machine can't keep up with the demand. My sister is flying in today from Tulsa to spend time together. Pray she arrives safely.
Talked to Ross and Rumy yesterday in Bulgaria, only 2 days until the wedding. He had me laughing (and that hurts) telling be about the traditions he has to do right before the wedding, like he has to leave the apt. while Rumy gets ready and he has to knock on the door. They only open it a little ways. They had to knock again and the open it a little farther and he puts a dollar through the door,. This continues with more knocking and more dollars bills.... then something about her shoes being too large, so he has to roll up 20 dollar bills in put them. They plan to video tape it, so I can watch it when they get back.

Today we are focusing on Grandma Shirley. Pray that her surgery goes well.

6 comments:

  1. I am so excited that you slept well...nothing like a recliner--ice--and in your own home....but if you miss the nurse visits every couple of hours I am sure that could happen for you....just kidding....please have a great day....the sun is shining..take care my friend....I won't tell you that I got lost going to your house...yikes...saw tunnel park and Holland State Park....lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - You slept better than me! Glad you had a good night. Maybe you need to feed the squirrels a little more? Sounds like the in-laws are putting the squeeze on Ross, gotta love those "old country" traditions!

    Enjoy the beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Deb! I am so glad you are home safe and sound...and enjoying sleeping in your family room under MY picture!!!! I prefer my ice to be in a glass of an adult beverage, but know you are putting it to its better use right now!Still have you at the top of the prayer list. Praying for Shirley, too. Miss you. --Karol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow it sounds like a wonderful experience for Ross. How great that they are going to tape it for you. Take care today and remember I am a stones throw away if you need anything.

    Vickie P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb, Bless you. Next time when you need ice or items you could not get in the middle of the night, please come over next door. The key will let you through the front door.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you are home and doing well. So nice to see you the other day and chat. Your peace about all this is inspiring we well continue to pray for you continuously. Love, Erika and family.

    ReplyDelete