Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Medical Update

Hi All, I want to thank Mieke for starting this blog for me. She is the best daughter I could ever have dreamed for. I love her and my whole family so much, they have been so supportive of this whole crazy time. I wanted to give you the medical lingo and details.
I had been having slight lower abdominal discomfort and bloating feeling for a couple of weeks.
Monday I had a pelvic ultrasound and CA-125 blood work that showed fluid in my abd. The blood test should have been less than 35 and my level was 1000. From this they said I have ovarian cancer and I will need surgery. Chest X-ray and EKG done
Tues. CT scan showed a narrowing of my sigmoid colon. This meant I need a colonoscopy to determine if I may need to have a temporary colostomy at the time of my surgery.(YUCK) I also had a CEA blood test for colon cancer and that was normal. So the first positive thing I have heard. My lungs and liver are also clear which is good.
Wed. I am prepping for my colonoscopy tomorrow at Holland Hospital
Wed. Aug 9 at 9am I am going to see the GYN/oncologist Charles Harrison. I am on their cancellation list, so pray that I can get in sooner. Hopefully the surgery will be scheduled soon after that. I do appreciate all the love and prayers. I do feel them and much cared for. Deb

1 comment:

  1. Dear Deb,

    Thanks for blogging! I am able to give this address to family and friends...esp Lynden folks...and they can follow your progress regularily. Now I only have to repeat the details a dozen times a day, rather than 3 dozen times. Just kidding - I gladly fill people in so that they can "pray precisely."

    Love & hugs from Tim & me,

    Krista

    ReplyDelete