Thursday, August 11, 2011

From Stan the Man

Well folks, I figured it is time for the husband to chime in. So here it is.  I am going to drive Deb to Spectrum in the morning.  We have to be there at 10:50 and then the surgery starts at around 12:50.
This is an amazing world we have entered. Whatever the outcome I am struck by several things. First, Deb faces this thing with amazing courage.  Second, she could get me to do anything she asked right now but she has still done a bunch of stuff around here even though I know she is not feeling well.  I am also amazed at how fast things can change. It seems like every day her pain has been a little worse so she is actually looking forward to the surgery.  I asked her the other day, what in the world did you do to get so many friends?  The support of her friendship network has overwhelmed both of us, and all I can do right now is thank you all for the expressions of support.  Our neighbor brought over some food this week. Her husband goes running every day and now I understand why. He would weigh 300 pounds if he ate the food she makes.  Deb has always been a nice wife but as far as cooking goes I am not sure it has been all that high on her preference list.  We are watching the Tiger game right now.  I remember out first date.  It was a Tiger game and we sat in the left field seats.  I never did see much of that game because I enjoyed the company and the good looks.  That was about 39 years ago and the rest as they say has been history.   Our hope is that it can go on for some more.
 But in any event rest assured that at his time we thank you for your support and Deb and I are prepared for the outcome.  I will send something out tomorrow night on the outcome of the surgery.


5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update, Stan. We will look forward to your update tomorrow. We are praying for you --- and I have many friends and family praying for you as well. hugs and kisses. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb, Stan, Mieke and family,
    Hannah let us know about your surgery today ...
    You'll have a lot of people (in Minnesota and beyond) praying for a good prognosis and quick healing!
    Love and miss you guys...
    Diane,Dan,Hannah and Allie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi HOKS family, wanted to send our luv & prayers to u all. Can't believe that someone in our family is going thru a cancer journey so soon again. But we know we serve the ultimate healer & we will pray for just that, healing. Mieke-thx for sharing ur heart, I just ache for u, I can't imagine what this journey is like for u. Deb-drake wanted me to send a big hug & kiss:) & also tell u that u have the beat gator in the world, he still talks about it:) Praying for u all, luv...becky, Jason, drake & dutchie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Deb and family, My prayers and thoughts are with all of you. Deb you know what I mean when I tell you I'm sending you all the silver boxes you can possibly hold. Barb Hapke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dave Wass says,

    "Oops I've never posted a comment before."

    ReplyDelete