Sunday, August 21, 2011

Get Well Quilt

I was so surprised when Mieke came home from church today. She had all of her little kids draw me a picture and then they put them all together into a quilt. It is beautiful and means the world to me. My sister helped her with the kids today. My Dad went along to see how Mieke and Aaron did their puppet show. He was impressed and knows what a great teacher she will be.


Here is the group with the adorable quilt.




Some kids with their creations



Here is a pic of Mieke and I. See...real clothes!

More fun visitors today makes the day fly by. Thanks so much for coming by.

Also, a special visit from a friend from church taught us some very interesting biblical truths about believing in being healed. I was anointed with oil and he prayed over me. We believe God wants me to be healed.




8 comments:

  1. So glad the quilt turned out well! Good work mieke:) drake is already asking when he can visit Debbie again to play with the big cars (aka John Deere tractors). He just luvs them. Glad u had a good day deb, hope u sleep well tonight. Sweet dreams...drake's mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fabulous! Way to go, Mieke! Glad Stan's getting in on the action - at church and with a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quilt looks great.....and so do you....hey real clothes......I hope you have a fantastic day....and that you slept well last night....hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure the quilt was really neat for you. Of course Meike would come up with a cool idea. Way to go Meike! I know how she is very creative, I remember the stuff you would buy for her in Honduras and you would always say Meike will come up with some way to use this. I would just laugh at you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb, it was great to see you(and Stan too) on Sunday. Deb you looked great (blues toes and all) Deb's not Stan's. The quilt the kids made was special and included all sorts of neat pictures, including Spencer. We can not wait for the next step that comes on Thursday with a visit to your surgeon. Hopefully a plan of attack. Thinking of you and praying for you

    Mark and Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deb, Brandi and I are thinking of you often and want you to know you can add us to your list of supporters who are praying for you and your family. It's great to see how "Meike's kids" have been involved in showing their love with the quilt! As Stan the Man is learning, today's blogs can serve as a tool of comfort. I'm loving his stories he's shared thus far on your early relationship, priceless! We look forward to seeing you in the coming weeks when we bring you some food. God WILL bless you. -Chad

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deb,
    There's nothing than can make you feel better than the get well smiles of a child. Your cancer may be complicated, but to them, they know God is going to make you all better. I'm glad Wendell came and shared with you the Copeland's message. Believe what he said, it works!

    Love you!
    ~Deb Hamelink

    ReplyDelete