Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Dreaming of a regular breakfast tomorrow

Alden again.
Mom had a pretty good day. Things were fairly uneventful medically and that is not a bad thing.

Mom is walking around, and getting out of bed much better today.  She had three full liquid meals, and none were followed with nausea.  Tomorrow will be the first day trying to get back on a regular diet.  The epidural has been cut in half, and pain meds are being taken orally.

She looks and sounds just wonderful.  Sitting here now filing her nails.  Joking around, and smiling continuously.  Mom is hoping to get decent sleep tonight, and Stan the Man is here to be the overnight honorary nurse... but he is already asleep on the pullout, so we will see how that goes.    I'm sure he'll do fine.

Mom is not exactly sure how to say it, but like the country song goes, "I wouldn't have missed this for the world."  Others who have gone through circumstances like my mom's have said they wouldn't have missed their situation, even though from the outside it seemed that no one would ever want to be in their shoes.
Because of all the love, the stories, the talking with family, neighbors, coworkers, childhood friends, and even strangers she has found this whole debacle to be worth it.. Debs words,  "I quite honestly thought, yeh , yeh, it is hard to believe people when they say they are happy bad things happened to them, but after I read the comment/post by my son Ross, I can honestly say, I feel the same way.




9 comments:

  1. Praying for a peaceful night for you - the moon is huge! Love you - Niki Heil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb,
    How good it was to visit with you last night. Your beautiful smile just lit up the room. It felt so good to share fond memories of times past wasn't it? One of my fondest memories was when you and I spent a weekend at the Homestead...riding the "gator", collecting corn husks to decorate your parents cottage, visitng with some of your neighbors, relaxing with a glass of wine (or two)...the list could go on and on. Thank you for being my friend.

    Know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I have confidence that the Great Physician is watching over you and will heal you from this disease called cancer...He's in the miracle business you know.

    I love you Deb. You're someone I'm proud to call my friend.

    Lovingly,
    Ellen Waterway

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is 8:30 AM Tulsa Time. Helping "someone" post a comment on your blog. Have you had breakfast yet? Gotta get back to the "helpee"..

    Love ya.

    Krista

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning!

    I just had my bath so I'm all fresh to come and see you. I have been spoiled but I've been good.

    See you soon!

    Love,
    Spencer Woof...Woof!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb
    It's wonderful to hear your positive testimony in the face of such a difficult time in your life. We're betting that Stan will be able to come up with a few jokes and stories from this experience. Keep the blog coming and your spirits up. We're praying for you and your family for a positive outcome.
    Tom and Cheryl Bolt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Deb,
    We've been following your blog. You are blessed with so many wonderful friends and an incredible family. We have been and will continue to pray for you and your family as you make your way through this difficult time. God bless!
    Eileen and Hank Hofstra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spencer: don't forget your camera. Oh, and give Deb lots of smooches from all of us who can't get up there.

    Grandma D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes Spencer I hope you brought the camera as I too would love to see a picture....Debbie I hope you had a good day...and with a great man by your side tonight....hopefully you will sleep well...Stan hi and hi to all the family...I hope to see you tomorrow if not I will drop something off at the house for you...hugs my friend...as I was driving home from work tonight...I thought of you and what a kind, caring wonderful soul you are and you do so much for others...that now it is time for us to do something for you...Prayers are strong and I did mean what I texted you this am....char and lily who is now snoring by my side...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Deb,
    I have been thinking of you often every day. I have been working nights this week to help out. I really miss your smiling face. You are a rock. If you need anything please give me a call. Even if you need someone to talk too. Denise is reading this over my shoulder and says HI also. We LOVE you and miss you. Thanks for keeping us updated. Love Dawn Dubbink

    ReplyDelete