Friday, August 12, 2011

very bad day

There is nothing I would like to report to you more than good news. But unfortunately medically, we are all the receivers of news that is just not good. The words the surgeons use for cancer that has spread is they say "it is involved". The anticipation of the surgeon was that the lower abdomen area had most of the involvement. Once the surgery started it was immediately discovered that many other areas were affected. They were not even able to proceed with the surgery due to the fact that the only treatment option is chemotherapy and that is to administered very quickly if there is to be any hope. Had they removed a lot of the cancerous tissue, the healing would take longer. They need her to heal so they can start the treatment.

We are so crushed, and it is hard to write with tears blurring my eyes. I just saw her in recovery, her lip is quivering and she can hardly believe this. I'm so sorry to report this awful news. I'm so scared to face what is to come. Thank you for prayers and love. It all seems like a horrible dream. I love my mom so much....

9 comments:

  1. So sorry for the current bad news. I will continue to pray hard for the good news that will come. Thinking of you ALL. Duane & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear the news. I weep as I write this. My Mom called me earlier. Just not the news we were praying for. My Mom just loves her sister and all of you so much, as well as us. Wish I lived closer to give you all a hug. We will have to send lots of love and prayers from Louisville. Chris and Allison Thompson XOXO from Jack and Wade too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Mieke. I'm so, so sorry to hear this. Please remember there is always hope, and all of you need that right now. Please know how much we care and how much we hope for the tide to turn in your mom's favor. Tammy, Rick and Max

    ReplyDelete
  4. My thoughts and Prayers are with you and your family as you go through this difficult time. Nuture Hope & Pray for Strength for whatever comes your way. Believe in the promise of Faith, Hope and Love - These will sustain you. The Stratton Family (Friends of Allison Thompson)

    ReplyDelete
  5. my eyes are tearing and my heart hurting with you tonight mieke. i'm sending out prayers of strength and hope. Alissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I WISH I had the words that would take your pain away. I CAN'T even tell you that God won't give you more than you can handle because that misinterpreted verse was talking about temptation. I CAN make promises to walk through this with you, no matter what, if you want me to. You need to know two things: 1. God STILL does miracles. You believe this, don't you? 2. "The lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." Deuteronomy 31:8 NIV

    Love ya sweetie, and continuing to pray for you, your mom and your family.

    Dianne Pruim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Am crushed as I'm sure you all are...will continue to pray,pray PRAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sitting now at home reading this all again and I can believe what I am reading...when Colleen showed this too me at work I just looked and we both tears rolling down our face....all I can say is yes to the bucket list you are a strong woman....just remember that...and with all the love and support you have that is wonderful...love you my dear friend....I don't know what else to say now....but I am sure more words will come to my mind...get some rest we will be there for you....char and lily

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am just so stunned by this news. Like everyone else, my eyes are blurred with tears. My love and prayers go to all of you.

    Kim (Cory-Bell) Peplinski

    ReplyDelete