Sunday, August 14, 2011

Interventional Radiologist

Hi, this is my first try at typing on the computer. Working pretty good so far. I wanted to explain something that Mieke didn't have quite right. They have already started the broadspectrum antibiotics for the fluid in my lungs. I have become more bloated in my abdomen and so they feel I should be seen by an interventional radiologist to see if I would benefit from a tap (drainage of fluid) from the abd.  The general surgeon who they called in during the surgery to check out the cancer tbat was all over my organs of the GI tract. He is the one who had to extend my incision. They are a bit more concervative with starting the clear liquids because all of the bowel manipulation, it can take a while to have them function properly. My fever is gone, YEH. Really appreciate all the postings and the notes, and very funny Marlene about my hospital gown from CHICOS.

8 comments:

  1. Hi mom! We can't wait to see you tonight
    Hope today is going better. We love reading the posts and seeing the pics, you are wonderful and we love you!!
    Mary and Alden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb,
    You have been on my heart and mind so much lately. I pray that God will give you and your family the strength and grace to face each new day.
    Thanks for the pictures of you and your family. I plan to be in Michigan the end of September and would love to be able to see you then.
    Love, Carol DeJong

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey mighty woman! Just heard about your battle tonight. Don and I have begun praying for healing! My brother was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer back in 2007. It was gone 3 months later...and has not been seen since!

    Loved seeing the pictures! You guys remain a beautiful family...I can't believe Mieke is a adult! Give each other hugs for me.

    You guys are in our prayers.
    the Rocks

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'll be praying for a more restful night for you tonight, the fever is gone and that is good! hope things keep "moving around" and the bloating will ease. thanks for all the updates and pictures, specific prayer requests are good :) i am glad your pooch can come for a visit...that will be awesome for the both of you i am sure! rest in Jesus' arms tonight, i'll be praying...... mary leeuw

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Deb, We just got back from taking Liz to college, so I just now have caught up on the blogs. I was so sorry to read about the results of your surgery. I pray for you and your family often throughout the day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deb, do you have your cell? How can I call you? California seems way too far away right now! Love you. Karol

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow this great however ,I like your post and great pics might be any people dislike in light of the fact that defrent mind all poeple , Interventional Radiologist In India

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great article with lots of informative resources. I appreciate your work this is really helpful for everyone. Check out our website Laser treatment for varicose veins related info!

    ReplyDelete